Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Inspiration (7) - Creative Thinking and Idea Generation.

First Outdoor Photo Shooting For Photography Subject


Last Saturday, I went to Malacca for photo shooting trip organized by my photography subject lecturer, Miss Lee. Miss Lee told us about this plan during week 2 and whole class decided to have this trip on Saturday on week 7. A lots of us are quite exciting because that will be our very first time, going out in group of 60++ photography students.  


The main reason we had this trip is to let us capture our photos for next assignment. Miss Lee said that she wanted us to explore a new place instead of capturing photo nearby us only.
My next assignment for photography is "
 Picture Composition I & II". We need to capture all 11 photos, and choose the best 2 from each category.


1.    Lines: Horizontal, Vertical & Diagonal
2.    Shapes
3.    Patterns
4.    Symmetry
5.    Scale
6.    Letter box/panorama
7.    Frames within Frames
8.    Spirals
9.    Golden Ratio
10.  Triangles
11.  Rule of thirds

I have not capture all, but I have capture some of it. (Not sure if approved by tutor or not)
Took for fun
I am so lucky that when I try to capture some photo at Fort A' Famosa, a group of people was busying preparing for something. I saw a girl wearing wedding gown, and I roughly can expect that they are having photoshooting session. Thank God, it was true, and I got the chance to take this special moment!
Golden Ratio
Frame within Frame
A long queue for Malacca's famous chicken rice from top view.
Frame within Frame

Line / Pattern

Symmetry / Line / Pattern

Pattern

Triangles

At first, I was not so sure about what are Line, and Shape and Form. So I use my camera as my eyes, snap every thing that consist of the element. It was very hard to find at first by looking at the surrounding with only bare eyes, because the surrounding looked so normal, but after I used camera as my second eyes, I found that there are more thing to see when we see thru the camera. Our eyes have wide angle, but camera has frame, so it can crop out anything unwanted.
Therefore, I found the element "Line" on the staircase. If we use bare eyes to see, it will be an ordinary staircase, but if we use camera to "crop" it out, it will only have lines or element that you want.
Line

Line


For Shape and Form, I found that the wheels of a bicycle would be a good photo for shape because it can be an obvious circle.

Shape and Form

After this trip, I had realised that I have to fully utilise my camera, as my camera could help me to see this beautiful world, in different angle, different perspective, different view, and at the same time, enhance my creativity for photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment