Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Inspiration (9) - Creative Thinking and Idea Generation

A Reason that Inspired Me

My boyfriend is having a three-months semester break, so before that he decide to look for a job instead of staying at home, "growing mushroom"!

Him and I try to search for part-time job around Selangor area, of course it will be nearer the better. We found a lot of vacancies through internet websites, but due to he has no working experience, so we had to filter out a lot. Luckily, he has some skills like repair computer or IT stuff. So we try to aim for jobs that are related to that skill. After few days searching result, we targeted 2 jobs that fulfil nearby Klang area and part time without experience requirement. 

We called both company to ask whether they still want to hire the vacancy stated on their advertisement or not, and yes they want!

So then, he need to do a tough decision because both of the jobs' working time are clashed. The first job will be as a promoter, work 10 hours a day and salary will be RM100/day. The second job will be as an IT technician, work 10 hours a day as well, but only get RM50/day.

After knowing all the details about the job, he make a shocking decision, he chooses the low salary and troublesome job -- IT technician. I ask for his reason of why he chooses that job instead of the easy, high pay promoter job, and the working place of the promoter job is much more nearer to his house compared to the technician working place!

Thus, he says his reason that inspire me ad changes my thought :" If I choose to work as a promoter, I'll get RM100/day with just standing there whole day, but I learn nothing. If I choose to work as a technician, although I only get RM50/day and have to busy around with the computers, but at least it let me learn more extra knowledges about IT stuff and I can enjoy doing the work because it's my interest."

Now I realize youngsters nowadays will choose a job that is easy with high salary, they willing to do a very easy job that they would not learn anything from it. Our life will become meaningless if we repeat meaningless routine or job everyday in our life. Aiming to earn quick and easy money also cause your life to have no any challenges and colorless as well.

Thanks to my boyfriend for giving me such a good inspiration to make my life more meaningful and he is only 20 years old this year. I would always remember that phrase whenever I want to find a job. Find a job that could let you learn something. I think I will improve a lot in sense of creativity if I find a creativity-related job for current part time and also in the future. Although sometimes the salary might not so high, but at least you will get something you needed for your life and career. 


No comments:

Post a Comment