Sunday, June 24, 2012

Inspiration (3) - Creative Thinking and Idea Generation

Inspiration (3) - Creative Thinking and Idea Generation

Inspire and Motivation

I remembered when I first knew and add 1 of my graphic design seniors in facebook, I found that the information about where he work caught my eyes. His profile stated that he work for a design company, and I was wonder isn't he still studying?

After that, I clicked into the design company webpage and I found that it's a freelance design company which consist of a lots of competition.
This is how it works.

  1. 1

    Launch your design contest

    Create a design brief which is simply a clear outline of what you need designed. To begin, post this brief to 99designs and choose a design package.
  2. 2

    Collaborate with the designers

    Designers then submit concepts to compete for your prize. Be sure to provide continual feedback to help the designers deliver a concept you love!
3

Choose your favorite design

            At the completion of your contest, you'll need to pick your favorite design and award a winner.                              
            You'll then receive the final design along with copyright to the original art work.
            It's that easy!







These steps are for those who wish to get a design. Designers have to send in their works for respective contest and they shall wait for the result to be announced.


So after that I understand why he can study and earn money at the same time. This type of design freelance is not the same as the freelance job outside. You would no need to keep on correct your design after you submit it, because the creator of the contest will choose the design that he/she prefer the most. If you go for the design freelance job outside, they would ask you to correct the design until they are satisfied, and till the end you wouldn't know whether they will still pay you for the design or not. So. it's more waste of time compared to the contest type design freelance job.
Seems that I always wished to earn money while studying, so it would be great if I join this company's contest.


Well I think that, if I join this contest always, I'll face a lots of different deadlines, theme, requirement of design etc. which may also improve my design skill and creativity!


No comments:

Post a Comment