Sunday, June 24, 2012

Inspiration (4) - Creative Thinking and Idea Generation

Sparkle Sparkle!Well, my friend and I went for a 1/2 day trip to Subang last week.

At first, we planned to get our design material stuff from an art shop at Sunway, take our lunch at that area then way back off to PJ.

But then we changed our mind and we drove to Subang, which is nearby Sunway to have our lunch.
The Korean BBQ restaurant was closed for lunch break when we stepped into it at 3.02pm.
The manager keep apologize to us as they are not serving and having a break.
So, we decided to look for other restaurant nearby to have our lunch, and finally we have chosen PizzaHut.

While we were waiting for our food, I am observing the interior of the restaurant. When I looked at those painting hanged on the wall, suddenly a voice whisper into my ears and told me that acrylic painting is not cheap and acrylic artist could earn a lots of money from it.

Acrylic is a painting media similar to oil painting media.  Acrylic will become harden after dried and it feels like a layer of plastic on top of the paper.

Then I remembered someone mentioned about  restaurant such as PizzaHut would buy acrylic painting from freelance artist to hang in their restaurant.

So I told all of my friends who are all designers about this. I told them that not necessary only design using computer can earn, hand painting is much more costly than computer aided painting because hand painting will be the one and only painting in the world and even if you imitate it, it still won't look 100% same as the original.

Therefore I came out with an idea, which is we can create a website and try to sell our artwork. We no need to worry about is there anyone would buy our work, because everyone's point of view is different, and if you thought it is a poor design, others might appreciate the design.

Well if we success, I hope that I can produce a lots of good quality work and at the same time improve my skill and creativity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment